Thursday, May 5, 2011

Letter from Sam

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: William Mellor
Date: Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 11:14 AM
Subject: Re: from mom. I think I already sent this!
To: Kim & Sue Mellor


Hey everyone,
 
This week in the MTC has been kind of crazy. All the schedules in the MTC were changed on Monday, so it has taken some getting used to. They got rid of all MDT time, which is alright because it ended up being wasted anyway. Also we no longer use T.E.'s. We just have one scheduled TRC every week. All of our study time is scheduled for us, which i like because I wasnt of fan of having to decide what to study when. Since we got here we have had some awesome sunday night and tuesday night speakers. For my first Tuesday we had Richard G. Scott. It was really good and we were lucky because the district from our zone that had left the day before never got to hear from an Apostle. The next sunday we had the Director of MTC operations, but his previous job had been an executive producer for the mormon messages commercials for the last like 30 years. All he did was show us old mormon messages, but he applied them to our mission and it was really good. For our Devotional this week we had another Apostle, Dallin H. Oaks. This was only the second time in the History of the MTC that two Apostles had spoken in consecutive weeks. We have a pretty awesome zone. There are three districts, with 17 elders and 4 sisters. 15 of the elders are going to argentina and all the rest are going to Stateside spanish missions. Hopefully we will get a new district this next week, because it feels like ours is really small.
 
Its crazy how time works here. The first three days felt like weeks, but after they were over it seemed like  a flash. I still can't tell if i have been here two weeks, two days, or two months. But i'm having a lot of fun. The days are long and tough, but it is worth it. I do need to know if i have had all of my Hepatitis shots, so if you could mail or email that to me, whichever is faster preferably. My P-day is on thursday, so that is the only day that i can check emails. Im glad the delivery of Baby Ry went well, and you definitely need to send some pictures in the mail because i cant print these ones on my off. Tell dad that cool about the backhoe, although im sure finding and fixing whatever part is broken will take at least the next year like usual. I love you all and i miss you.
 
Sam
 
 
 


 
On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 7:00 PM, Kim & Sue Mellor wrote:
Dear Sam,  

I am sorry I didn't write right away.  My whole week has been kind of a blur also.  Michelle went into the hospital Thursday morning at 7 and by 12:02  baby Ry was born.  Your dad was in on the delivery.  This delivery seemed to go better than the other two which is nice.  I was then BUSY with two cute little girls!  

Your dad flew home Sunday and I came home last night.  Baby Ry has a high Bili though and so is under the "lights" at their home.  It is a bed that when he isn't eating he lays on and is velcroed  in with a light underneath and a light on top.  They go back in this afternoon and have another blood test done to see what his numbers are.  

I read your letter that you sent home.  Sounds like a rough few day.  I am glad things are going better.  

John has a JV game in Ritzville this afternoon that your dad and I are going to go see in just a few minutes.    

Your dad stayed at the hospital last night with a sick baby with pneumonia.  The baby's name was Rye. 

Well I better go get your dad and head to the game.  I will attach some pictures of Ry and Elle and Liv.

Think of you and hope all is going well.  I love you and I am so proud of you and appreciate your sacrifice in serving a mission.  Love, mom/.

No comments:

Post a Comment