Monday, May 2, 2011

Who is this Hermano?

This was from sam from the first few days in the mtc. Anyone who has watched Arrested Development will appreciate it.


Hey,
How is it going. I'm technically only supposed to write my parents, but since you are the only one that wrote me, i think this is alright. The MTC is great. They got right into things. I literally dropped my bags in my room and went straight to my class. We have two teachers, Hermana Carlson and Hermano Wells. I know right. All i could think of that first day is Gob saying "who is this Hermano." I swear those first few days felt like the longest days of my life. I kept thinking how am i supposed to study for that many hours every day. But now i look back and they are all a blur, and all i can think is i don't have enough time in the day to study all that i want too. But the language has been going awesome. My companions name is Elder Crane. He is from Riverton, Utah. He is a great guy, kind of like me in many ways, so we seem to work well together. We have ten elders in our district, all going to Resistencia. Their are over 100 missionaries in the MTC right now going to Argentina. We had a big meeting with the consul from Argentina yesterday, which was pretty good but not really all that informative. But overall the week has gone by so slow and so fast at the same time. I think the highlight was definitely our devotional last night. We heard from Elder Richard G. Scott. He talked a lot about humility, so i definitely got some good info out of it. Also the food is good, but it always seems like either all three choices are really good, or they all kind of suck. The language isn't bad, and i think it will come. You definitely need to send me some pictures of Baby Ry. I'm excited to see him. I love you all.
Elder Mellor
P.S. I probably wont email mom and dad this week but i will write a letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment